Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Go ahead put it on my tab..

Just one week after we, the taxpayers, bailed out AIG to the tune of $85 BILLION the executives went on a plush little retreat to California. This little retreat paid for by the company, or since we just handed over $85 BILLION guess you could say it was courtesy of us. Read about it here.

You know what really ticks me off? Well let's just put it this way: When was the last time you stayed in a $1000 a night room and got massages at a luxury hotel? Yeah probably been as long as it's been for me, so why the heck are my tax dollars and your tax dollars being given to a company that will turn around and spend half a million on a little retreat for it's executives. My question is don't this geniuses, geniuses that ran a company into the ground, make enough money? Weren't their multi-million dollar bonuses enough that they could pay for this crap themselves? No wait, obviously they have no sense because, after all, they were right up there in putting us in this financial crisis, why stop now.

Here is a little video clip from the hearing today:


I love how Rep Cummings says they paid more a night for a room than most of his constituents pay on a mortgage of the house they are about to lose. Amen!

The Gavel has a copy of the invoice. Definitely worth a look. See it for yourself in black. They spent more in one week on hotel rooms than I did on my house! And it's our money people! And we just gave away $700 BILLION more how is that money going to be used?

No comments: