Sunday, October 19, 2008

Coming Out of the Haze

I've spent the weekend, except for a couple of hours here and there, in another drug induced haze. I got my last wisdom tooth pulled on Friday (it only took 4 years and 9 months since the first) and since then I've been in and out of it. It actually still hurts now and in a little while I'm going to take another pill and go back to bed. I don't know why it's been harder to get over this one.

One of the times that I was lucid was to take little man to a birthday party. Since when do parents just drop their kids off at birthday parties and take off? When I was growing up mom would take me to some one's birthday party and up until I was like in middle school, she would stay along with the other parents that brought their kids. But here were kids ranging in age from 6 to 8 and half the parents just dropped their kids off and didn't come back till the party was over. How rude! That's never happened at one of little man's parties and that's probably a good thing because I would straight up tell the parents that this is a birthday party not a baby sitting service.

While I've been out of it I had the TV on and I heard little snippets here and there. First of all The New York Times should be ashamed, publishing such a nasty story about Cindy McCain. Could you imagine the outrage had that article been about Michelle Obama? The double standard is just sickening. And of course Collin Powell endorsed Obama which did not surprise me at all. What he said to the press afterwards made no sense to me. Even in my haze I thought it was just bizarre, I don't know if he's really paying attention to the campaigns because McCain never called Obama a terrorist and Obama and his supporters have been every bit as negative. Anyway my honey said something about that. He said that Powell went in front of the UN and congress telling of why we had to go to war and now he's backing the person that says we shouldn't have been there and that wants to cut and run. What does that mean?

Anyway, I'm going back to bed now. I have to actually get up and go to work tomorrow so I'm going to enjoy the last few hours :o)

No comments: