Friday, October 10, 2008

Creepy

Just in time for the Halloween season, I had another creepy occurrence in my house last night.

After I got the little man to sleep, let the dogs out so they'd leave me alone, I settled into my over sized chair and propped my feet up on the ottoman and got to studying for my American Lit test today. I had all radios, TVs everything off because I didn't want any distractions.

About an hour into my studying I feel one of the dogs plop down on the floor in front of the ottoman and push it back against the chair, there had been about a 4 inch gap between the two. I leaned over to look and then remembered I was the only one in the room and both dogs were still outside. It was kind of like the time I went to the guest room to sleep because the snore fest going on in my room was too much and a few minutes later I felt Sarge jump on the bed but when I turned over to look there was no one there. It happens here.

I didn't make a big deal about it and got back to my reading and a little while later something caught my attention, I looked up over the rim of my glasses and saw someone run from my bedroom and across the foyer and into the dining room. I thought it might have been little man so I went to see what good excuse he had to still be awake at almost midnight but he was asleep in his bed on the other side of the house. Needless to say I was a little spooked by that one and I thought back a couple of weeks ago when I opened the bathroom door to find a person crouched next to the Clifford baby petting him, about two feet from the door. At first I didn't realize what I was seeing and I did a double take and when I looked again Clifford was alone. It looked like maybe it was a boy about 2 or 3 years older than my son.

Creepy!!! I was telling one of my coworkers this morning about what had happened last night and she said I surely have to have my Halloween Party this year. I'm going to see what I can pull off.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

OMG! Why do I read these things at night?? LOL That's so creepy!!

Roxy said...

LOL Whenever you see Creepy in the title don't read at night :o)

Pat Austin Becker said...

I'd be MOVING about now! :)
I'm totally serious.