Tuesday, September 16, 2008

It's Getting Chilly

I know it was just the cloud cover and by the weekend we'll probably be back in the 90's (which I wont complain) but it was pretty cool this afternoon. Actually I was freezing at PW's game this evening. And just to show what a whimp I am, the temperature was about 72 lol.
But we are comming into fall. And the best clue was at Target. They finally have the Halloween stuff out! I was so excited. I had to go back to that corner of the store this afternoon just to see if it was out and there it was in all it's spooky glory! Have I mentioned I love Halloween? I found a new decoration I want, it's a witch's head inside a big crystal ball and it lights up and fogs while she talks, it's fabulous, and will probably scare the pants of my son. But alas, with $5 gas I can't afford to buy it and fill my truck up this week. Actually I think I bought a smaller version of it last year when all the left overs went on sale. I'll have to go up to the attic to check. That's right, I have so many halloween decorations that I don't remember what all I have.
And surprisingly I'm not feeling the Halloween party this year. I love doing it and it's turned into a yearly tradition but this year I'm just not feeling it. Maybe it's the lack of sleep and school and just not having a moment to relax but when I think about it I just get tired. I told my best friend this afternoon and she said when she gets back from Florida she is comming over and we are going to do this lol.
Maybe I just have to get into the mood. And maybe some good scary stories will help get me in the mood, or at least freak me out a little LOL:

I guess I'll start with the house we lived in in Ft. Huachuca. It was a "new" house in the sense that it had been renovated, not really new. But I didn't think anything of the post or the house being creepy when we moved in. I loved it! Well one night, right after New Years I woke up when my husband was getting ready for PT and I heard a baby crying in our spare room. In my daze I didn't think anything there was anything strange going on, I thought maybe one of our neighbors kids got out of the house so after it cried for a couple of minutes I decide to get up and go check it out. As soon as I got up the crying stopped. Again I didn't think anything and then I asked my husband if he had heard it and he said he didn't hear anything. OK well I always say he's hard of hearing anyway.
Well a couple of weeks later I was having a really fitful night, I just could not sleep. At one point I heard the baby crying again and I woke up my husband and asked if he could hear it but he said he couldn't hear anything, meanwhile I'm hearing it loud and clear. So I try to go back to sleep and finally I do. And I dream that this little girl came into our bedroom over to our side of the bed and shook me a little to get my attention. I ask her who she is and what she wants and she says "Mommy, please don't leave me, I want to go with you, I'm ready to go with you I love you, please don't leave me behind." Well we didn't have any kids and I told her as much and that she wasn't my daughter and she kept insisting that I was. So in my dream I got out of bed and I told her that she needed to run along home and I was walking out of the bedroom and she was following me when I was woken up by our then puppy Sarge barking his head off.
Sarge hardly ever barks, he is the quietest dog. The only time he barks is when someone he doesn't know comes near the house. So my husband was startled to hear him in the middle of the night and he got up to see what was going on. He came back in the room and said that my dog was just plain weird. He said Sarge was staring at our bedroom door, hair standing, teeth bared and just barking like mad at the closed door. He said he couldn't even get his attention, he had to push him a little to break his stare and get his attention off of the door. Well that sent chills down my spine and I told him about my dream and he was spooked, he didn't like staying alone in that house after that night.
I heard the baby crying a few more times before we moved a month later and I had a dream about the little girl one more time. This time we were in a car riding through a neighborhood of old houses when I saw her standing on a porch leaning up against a big white column and when she saw me she waved eargerly.
When we left Arizona we went to visit family and while we were at my husband's home town in Alabama we drove by the old part of town where all the old historic houses are and we drove by the exact same house in my dream. I had never been there and I had never seen that house before but there it was the same exact house that I dreamt about just a couple of weeks earlier, only thing missing was the little girl.

No comments: