Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME!

LOL Well it's not like I'm doing anything special later today. Just more homework and studying. I will be glad for Friday evening to get here. We are going to go watch the Augusta Opera's (yes, I'm shocked they have an Opera too lol)performance of Sweeny Todd. I can't wait! Until then it's homework and studying for mid terms. Hubby says that I won't be able to keep up this pace till I finish school because it's too much and I'm going to burn myself out with 4 hours of sleep every night. No way! I just want to finish. So far I have straight A's again this term.

So this year for my birthday I'm going to go to work, go to karate and then do more homework. I'm going to stay busy all day and I must confess I'm partly doing it to try to keep from having to talk to certain people that may call tomorrow.
But Friday I'm taking the day off and I plan on sleeping in just a little bit, then I'm going to finish up my American Lit. work and send it to the instructor and then I'm going to go get my GA license, register to vote here (I want my vote to count. no throwing it out this time!) and I'm going to get my McCain yard signs. Then I'm going to go see my friend at the MAC counter and get my makeup done. I decided I'm going to wear my cute little black dress. So I'll just celebrate a day late.

So I found out today that hubby is planning on volunteering to go to Korea for a year. I don't know what to think. On the one hand I like it here and I'd hate to leave my house and job and friends and family (since I'm finally so close!) to go somewhere I may or may not like. But then I think we've been here so long, everyone we have known has left, and we are NEVER going to leave. His intentions are to go to Korea and then he's been offered a job here at a unit that never deploys when he gets back, and he'll stay here till he retires. Hmmmm, just when we were hoping that our (or my) DC dreams were going to come true. I'm having mixed feelings but at the moment I'm more mad than anything because he said he'd try to go anywhere I wanted to go because I'm the one that's impacted the most from our moves. And I know that one of the reasons he wants to stay is because of my job (which would actually be great because then I could finish school without having to pay a dime) but unlike his job mine is not guaranteed until I retire. I'm just going to have to put it out of my head for now. I've given myself a headache.

OK so how about that Cindy McCain responding to the McCain's terrible treatment on The View? Here is the audio

Take a look at this. Biased?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh, tomorrow sounds like fun! I was going to ask if you've gotten your yard signs yet!