Sunday, September 14, 2008

Back to Reality

Well actually when you spend most of the weekend doing homework you can't really lose touch with reality. And because I spent so much time doing homework this weekend the new week has snuck up on me. At least it will be a short week.

This weekend I was reading some postings on a discussion we were having in my Political Science class and this one chick begins by saying that she is voting for Obama for obvious reasons (which would be?) but that she really doesn't agree with all his ideas and that she actually think McCain has a better plan for the economy, and national security. OK so why exactly is she voting for him?

I picked up the latest issue of Time Magazine this evening and was flipping through it when I saw that they are going to have a 10-questions with Alec Baldwin and we can send our questions to them. I am so tempted to send mine: You promised to leave if Bush won reelection. So what are you waiting for? LOL
Which brings me to an idea my friend Sarah and I had. We want to start a website to take up money to buy plane tickets for all the celebs that say they are going to leave the country if McCain wins. Maybe that's what he's waiting for and we can perform a great public service and help them out. I say we should buy them all tickets to Havana. But that could get expensive with having to go through a second country. There are still bugs to be worked out in the plan.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Nah, they'd be too happy to go to Cuba LOL If I had the time on my hands I would seriously consider doing it...then we could really just donate it all to charity...or the McCain '08 campagin LOL

And what are the obvious reasons for voting for Obama when you think McCain should be president? Because it's the cool thing to do?

Speaking of - did you see this lovely bit of "news" http://www.showbizspy.com/showbiz/09142008/Lindsay-Lohan-Lashes-Out-at-Sarah-Palin

Roxy said...

OK now that the authority has spoken I have my doubts. LOL Please, she needs to stick to what she is mediocre at (at best).

From what I can gather the obvious reason for voting for Obama is just that.

Sarah said...

I think Lindsay Lohan just needed some attention...no one seems to care much about her these days LOL