Friday, September 19, 2008

Date Night


The show tonight was great! I am so glad we went tonight. One of my friends ended up going with another one of her friends and we all went out to dinner first and then off to the theater. It was so nice to have an adults night and to go see a show again. We haven't been to the theater to see a live performance like that since we lived in Germany and went to the English Theater in Frankfurt, like 6 years ago. Now I was thinking I'd get one of the costumes from tonight's show for Halloween this year but after seeing them I don't think that's what I'm really looking for. Don't get me wrong, the costumes were fantastic but it's not really what I had in mind. I'll go see her next week and see them up close and see what else she has and then decide.

And speaking of Halloween, I'm thinking if my friend's band isn't going to play (which by the way they one first place in the singer/song writer contest at Arts in the Heart tonight! YAY! Language Arts is awesome!) I'm going to see about having a karaoke machine. LOL that would be so much fun! I'm thinking that might be the way we go because my dear old husband is not keen on having a band play at our house. I keep trying to tell him that it's not bad (they played at Nat's house last year for her birthday). He thinks that it's going to be really loud but they really aren't and it's just three people and they wouldn't be playing all night anyway. We'll see I still have a couple more weeks to decide before I print the invites anyway.

So anyhow, I didn't get much of anything accomplished today. I meant to go get a Georgia license (after living here for 5 years) and register to vote here and get my yard signs but none of that happened. I was up until 4am working on my midterm and I couldn't open my eyes until 11 this morning. By the time I finished my midterm I had to get ready to get my make up done. Adam did a fab. job, like always, and then I had to rush home and to finish getting ready.

I was thinking today that I might stay with my Florida license, just use my grandfather's address as my home of record, and I'm seriously thinking of voting through absentee ballot again this year. Polls show that McCain is far ahead in Georgia anyway and things are tight in Florida so I'm thinking of doing my part down there lol. I don't know though, ever since the 2000 election when Gore wanted the absentee ballots thrown out I've been left with a really bad taste in my mouth. I imagine that my vote just gets put to the side when it gets to its destination and forgotten. I'm going to think about that some more over the weekend. But I am going to see if the GOP office is open tomorrow when I'm down that way and get some yard signs. I've noticed more signs up in the last couple of days, all McCain signs, I saw some McCain/Palin signs up for the first time, but not the first Obama sign.

No comments: