Saturday, November 1, 2008

It's over...

for this year at least. I'm talking about Halloween, not the election. Even though I'm not that hopeful about Tuesday I'm still trying to keep my head up.

Halloween was great though. I wore my witch hat at work and even the CEO got a kick out of it (I was embarrassed when he came down though).

I came home and had to do a mad dash to get things and myself ready for the party between answering the door for trick-or-treaters. Loved the kid's costumes, they looked so cute!
The trick-or-treaters loved the decorations. The Army Dude said that he was hearing people when he was down the street talking about our house and telling other people they had to go down to our house and see it.
And of course the party was great, we all had a great time and even some of the grownups that didn't dress up last year did this year, everyone got into the spirit. I'm already thinking about next year, even though we don't even know if we are going to be here.

But today has been a day of recovery. It's not that we partied so hard, it's more that the prep was so much leading up to it that today I didn't want to do anything but relax, and it was great.

And now we are watching the Texas - Texas Tech game and Texas Tech just won which hopefully means that Alabama will be 1 now. We are happy, Army Dude more than me ;op

2 comments:

Sarah said...

The army dude! That cracks me up! I'm glad you had a good time and got to have your party after all you went through trying to decide!

Roxy said...

Thanks Sarah, I'm glad I went through with it too.