Tuesday, November 4, 2008

It's officially out of my hands

That's what I told my mom after I cast my vote this evening.

I spent the day envisioning long lines in the cold rain but was very pleased to find that there were like 7 people in front of me. We were in and out of there in about 20 minutes. Of course I had already seen the ballot and knew how I was going to vote so there was not much thought once I went up to the machine. My experience at my polling place was fantastic, very friendly workers and no problems.
And most important no thugs!

Check these videos out:







I am happy to report that none of that nonsense was taking place here. I think people down here in Georgia are either more civilized or know better. I bet it's a bit of both.

I have to run to Karate now. I was going to skip out on it today and just stay home and obsess about the results but I think it would do me some good to step away for a little while. I'll be back later with more thoughts.

But before I leave I'm very happy to say that McCain is winning. It's 8 to 3 but it's something and it means I leave the house with a smile on my face.

No comments: