Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Rules for Following Me and BO is Full of It



I get really annoyed when I lead someone in another car and they drag me down. It take me anywhere between 2 and 2 1/2 hours to get to the beach, when someone slows me down to 3 or more hours it makes me want to scream!
From now on, before we leave I'm laying down the rules for following behind me:

1. Everyone fills up their tanks before we hit the road. I got the worst gas mileage and yet I was the only one that didn't have to stop for gas.

2. When I go through an intersection you should be following just a few feet behind, not 10 car lengths behind, this goes for regular intersections, traffic lights, and when pulling out of a parking lot.

3. When driving behind me keep up with me, don't go under the speed limit, don't complain that I'm going 5 over the speed limit, JUST KEEP UP!

4. If you don't know where you are going take your own set of directions so I don't have to turn around and find you or stop and wait for you when you inevitably fall too far behind...

5. Because if you do fall too far behind I'm not waiting on you. Keep up or you are on your own.


So I came across something Barack Obama said in Raleigh, NC on 6/9/08 : "Such relief that can't wait until the next President takes office. In January, well before the administration seemed to discover ordinary Americans were struggling, I called for a fiscal stimulus plan to get checks in the hands of hard-working families and seniors. Congress passed such a plan and the first checks are now arriving. But since then hundreds of thousands more people have lost their jobs, and so we must do more." But of course he didn't vote on it when it passed the Senate on 2/7/08 (there were better things to do like get himself nominated).

He said this on the Today show on 1/23/08: "People are living from paycheck to paycheck. They're very worried about this economy. They're concerned that George Bush's stimulus package may leave 50 million people behind after already neglecting, I think, a lot of people who are having a tough time on the home foreclosure market, as well as on the job."

The same day on the Early Show:
MR. SMITH: Well, let's talk about your economic stimulus --

SEN. OBAMA: We've got a lot of problems in this country.

MR. SMITH: All right. Let's talk about your economic stimulus plan for a second, though. The president is talking about giving $800 a person, $1,600 a married couple. Yours calls for much less cash than that in the pockets of Americans. How come?

SEN. OBAMA: Well, we were first out of the box in terms of saying that we needed a tax rebate and a supplement to Social Security. And we've got two phases in terms of how that money is released -- an initial phase of $35 billion, a second phase of another $35 billion. And it appears that the economy may be deteriorating more quickly than when we first put out our plan. So we can make adjustments in terms of what the amount of the rebate is. The important principle is to make sure that we get --

(So why exactly is it that your plan called for less?)

Alrighty Then.

No comments: