Wednesday, July 9, 2008

American and Proud

So BO puts his foot in his mouth again:



Well I speak foreign languages and I know a lot of Americans that do also and frankly I'm insulted that he would say that he is embarrassed.

I absolutely believe that there needs to be more emphasis on teaching foreign languages in this country. I know it's a major advantage because it's been a major advantage to me. But how can you say it's embarrassing. So if he becomes president is he going to be embarrassed to represent this country overseas? Maybe we should spare him the embarrassment.

And these people are all laughing and agreeing. Yeah because I'm sure that every single person that was laughing is fluent in another language themselves. He's talking about you too! I just love how they agree with everything he says, even when he's says he's embarrassed by them. They'll agree with anything he says I guess.

So with that in mind and his prior comment:



And of course Mrs. Obama's comment:



I think that maybe they should move else where, somewhere that they can be proud to live and proud of the people that live there and run for president there. Why would he want to be president of a place that he is embarrassed of?

As for me, I'm proud to be American, I've always been proud of my country and I'm not embarrassed in the least bit to say that I'm American. I'm not embarrassed to be American in any other country either, whether I know the language or not.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Ugggh, I saw this about the languages this morning as I was heading out the door! I got so mad! I still can't believe how blindly people follow him and his elitist views. This actually makes me think of something I saw recently but I'll tell you in an e-mail.

Ronda said...

Obama went overboard with what he said, but I agreed with him to some extent.
The issue goes deeper than just multiple languages. It has to do with arrogance of and lack of interest in other cultures by SOME Americans, IMO. And I say this as a proud American. I think there's nothing wrong with being a proud American that sees faults within our own country.