Monday, August 18, 2008

It's that time of year again

Yes, Halloween. I know most people probably think that it is too early to think of Halloween but this is my thing. I do Halloween like most people do Christmas. I have more boxes of Halloween decorations than Christmas decorations. I think it is so much fun to decorate and dress up and all. Christmas is just too stressful for me to really enjoy. It must be the splitting of the holiday between my mom and dad and feeling the need to please both sides that stressed me out from the time I was four that set me up with this feeling.

In any case, I was thinking the other night that it was time to start coming up with a theme, or inspiration if you will because I really just use it to think of decorating ideasw, for my yearly Halloween party. You can roll your eyes now, my husband did lol. As I thought, and surfed the net, it hit me, Interview with a Vampire/Haunted New Orleans. I'm so excited!! I have images of moss and spider webs hanging from all the iron work in my living room and all the light fixtures and candles. It's going to be great. I have some things in mind already and I might even have a band lined up, I should find out in the next week or so. And this weekend, after my hair cut, I'm going to walk down to that awesome little costume store to see what she has that will go along with the theme. YAY! I love this time of year!

And now I must get back to homework. I have a massive headache and it's the last thing I want to do tonight so I guess it's time I start.

No comments: