Friday, August 22, 2008

Character

There's been a lot of talk in the news lately about character, specifically the character of the candidates. And there's been a lot going on in my life this week to make me think about it.
It's funny how people show their true character during difficult times (in this case it's divorce) and then when that's not flattering they try to hide behind and blame said difficulties. Sorry not buying it anymore, that's when you show your true colors. It makes me realize that there are people that I have held on a pedestal all my life that do not deserve to be there.

It has truly been a weird week around here. All kinds of revelations, the lack of character of certain family members just the major one. At first I was so disappointed and disturbed about the way adults act when they loose the control that they have held with a vice grip for years. But the more I thought about it the more absurd it became. Now it just seems childish and stupid and whatever little bit of pity I may have felt at the outset, it all went down the drain right along with any respect I had for these people. All I can say is you reap what you sow.

While on the subject, yesterday was my mom's birthday, I love my mom. I do not know anyone who has more character than her. She is the complete opposite of my other side of the family. She has held her head high as she got through anything that life has thrown at her without ever resorting to the nasty, mean spirited trash talking that others do. They can all take a few lesson on class from her. She thinks she made a lot of mistakes raising me and sure she wasn't the perfect mother but I think she did a pretty damn good job if I do say so myself. At least she can say that her children are normal (relatively) well adjusted adults that are independent, steady, dependable, and HONEST.

That was really cryptic, sorry. I just don't know what's TMI and I don't want to turn this into an epic post as some people know I can very easily turn this subject into.

It's 1:00 on the east coast and Shepard Smith is on live reporting that Joe Biden is Obama's VP pick. He looks and sounds really tired: red, glassy eyes, you can hear the tiredness in his voice, like someone that has been up all night or woken up after only a couple of hours of sleep. Kind of like I look and sound now also. I'm actually finding it kind of amusing, you look like I feel guy. Nice suit though, tired and all he still looks good. Some one needs to hand him a bottle of clear eyes next time they cut to file footage though LOL.
Biden, that wasn't exactly shocking.

No comments: