Monday, August 11, 2008

Ego

I think it's pretty funny, and sad, when people get all worked up about who they are. I came across this article on Yahoo about Mark Spitz who is upset that no one bothered to pay for him to go to China to watch Phelps beat his record for Olympic gold. He's also upset that when someone did pay for him to go to the last Olympics they didn't put his mug on TV when he was watching the swimming competitions. My first thought was who is he anyway. So then I read that he held the record with 7 gold medals back in the 70's. OK so maybe it's ignorance when it comes to things related to swimming or the Olympics in general or because it was before my time but I've never heard of the man before and I wonder how many people really know who he is and what he did. I'm thinking you have to be really full of yourself to actually come out and say these things. It's actually kind of funny. One thing I do have to say about him, he's got a set for doing it.

No comments: