Thursday, May 21, 2009

What Next

So far the administration has stuck it's tentacles into different areas of our private sector.
Starting with regulating CEO pay and bonuses to firing CEO's, and firing military generals with 30+ years of distinguished service for no good reason, it's become quite alarming to say the least.

Yesterday afternoon I was listening to Rush and he was reading a letter sent to American Thinker from an owner of a Dodge dealer.

When I heard Rush read:

On Thursday, May 14, 2009 I was notified that my Dodge franchise, that we purchased, will be taken away from my family on June 9, 2009 without compensation and given to another dealer at no cost to them...

THIS IS A PRIVATE BUSINESS NOT A GOVERNMENT ENTITY

This is beyond imagination! My business is being stolen from me through NO FAULT OF OUR OWN. We did NOTHING wrong...


The first thing that came to my mind was my dad telling me about the day, in Cuba, that my grandmother went to open her beauty salon and there were government officials waiting for her to tell her that it was no longer her business. Just like private property and private businesses were seized from law abiding, hard working, Cubans 50 years ago, now it is being seized from Americans.

I don't understand how, in America, a person can lose their business the way a couple of thousand dealership owners have in the last week. I used to think this was not the type of thing that happened in our great country but I guess I was wrong. It didn't stop with capping pay and bonuses and it is not going to stop with owners losing their businesses at no fault of their own. But when will it stop? When are people going to say enough is enough and at that point is it going to be to late?

What I'm really scared of right now is that there are more people in this country that just want to get "theirs" from the government and they are not concerned with what they are losing in the process. I'm also scared that too many of these people don't even realize what they are losing and/or just don't care as long as they are going to be taken care of. I also think that too many people think they are owed something instead of taking care of themselves. Come one people, put your big kid pants on and take care of yourself and your own and quit expecting someone else to. When you depend on them they have control over you, they shouldn't have the control over us, they work for us remember?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

"What I'm really scared of right now is that there are more people in this country that just want to get "theirs" from the government and they are not concerned with what they are losing in the process. I'm also scared that too many of these people don't even realize what they are losing and/or just don't care as long as they are going to be taken care of."
-------
I hold some of the very same concerns! And once they get used to having the Gov't provide a little bit for them, it becomes that much more easy for them to give up their freedoms so that the Gov't takes full control and they won't realize it until it's too late to stop them. I just want to shake people by the shoulders and yell, "WAKE UP AND HAVE SOME PRIDE--STAND ON YOUR OWN AND MAINTAIN YOUR LIBERTY!!"

Roxy said...

Tracy, "have some pride" is my thought exactly!

The Spotted Owl said...

Therein lies the problema, Roxy! Unfortunately, I have come to the conclusion that, for the first time in our remarkable history, a majority of Americans (or close to it) no longer want to chart their own course or achieve through their own merit. They either don't think they can or are too lazy to try and instead, absolutely want someone else to just give it to them.

I'd weep, if I wept.