Tuesday, May 12, 2009

So much to say, so little time

I have been beyond negligent about posting. Trust me, it's not for a lack of things to say. Every day, there are things on the news that get my blood boiling and I have a million things going through my head. There has been way too much going on though.

First, my Internet connection has been iffy for the past month. Today the cable company had several trucks out here all day working at just about every house on the street. So, hopefully, whatever was going on will be fixed now.

Second, The Army Dude finally left for Korea. It's been a pretty smooth transition, probably because I've become used to him being gone all the time because of work, but it still has taken some getting used to being the only parent again.

Third, I found out my at the end of March that, as of the end of April, I would be out of a job. I told the Army Dude on election night that I'd probably be without a job by summer and sure enough. But it was a blessing in disguise because Army Dude's reaction was to get command sponsorship for us to move to Korea too. YAY! Which brings me to:

Fourth, now that I'm not working anymore I am full steam ahead, getting ready to move this summer. Right now I'm still getting the house ready for the real estate agent to come take pictures and start advertising it. We decided to just rent it because we'd love to move back here, either after Korea or when Army Dude retires in less than 5 years (YAY!).

And Fifth, school, I decided to take 3 classes again this term, because I didn't learn my lesson last summer. It's been hard to keep up at times and having bad Internet connection has not helped at all. But I have learned one very important point this term. I HATE public administration and I'll be changing my major, once again, after this term. I'm also not taking classes over the summer because that would be insane to do when I'm trying to move overseas. But come fall I'll be back and this time I'll be majoring in international relations.

So that's a quick run down of what's been taking up most of my time lately. There are some things that I really want to comment on, hopefully by the end of the week, including the release of the interrogation memos and Nancy Pelosi's apparent onset of Alzheimer's, the release of one Presidential plane picture that reminds us of just how insensitive the Obama administration is but the release of hundreds of pictures that make the military look bad, and of course, keeping with the theme, the firing of a general officer with decades of honorable service for no apparent reason other than they want change.

No comments: