Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I'm with Sonny



When I saw this picture I thought it summed it up perfectly for me.

So let me get this straight: Last week Obama signed the porkulus bill, now he says he wants to cut the deficit in half?
OK I know I'm not as enlightened as our fearless leader but if you want to cut the deficit in half why did you just sign that monstrosity of a bill? So he wants to cut the deficit to get us back at square one?

So my next thought was, well what exactly is going to be cut, because surely it will not be any of the pork or entitlements he just signed for. So what is he going to cut. Surely the defense budget is going to take a major hit.

I do love what he said about it yesterday:

"We cannot and will not sustain deficits like these without end," the president said in opening remarks to the summit. "We are paying the price for these deficits right now."

If we confront this crisis without also confronting the deficits that helped cause it we risk sinking into another crisis down the road," the president warned. "We cannot simply spend as we please and defer the consequences to the next budget, the next administration or the next generation."

"We will reinstate the pay as you go rule," he said. "You don't spend what you don't have."


Wow! We are paying the price now and throwing some more deficit on top for good measure. And we can't spend what we don't have? So, what, is he going to wave his magic wand and his porkulus is going to be paid for??
It gets more ridiculous by the minute.

I wasn't planning on watching the speech tonight but then Army Dude sent me a link to print out an Obingo card.
I think this might make it more interesting, the only thing that would make it any more tolerable is to turn it into a drinking game. To be honest, I'm tired of being preached to.
Here's hoping that he actually tells us what he's planing on doing, how he's planning to cut the deficit at the same time that he doubles it, and how he's going to spend money we don't have.

Happy watching!

No comments: